|My Look: Tee from Forever 21. Shirt from Madewell. Skirt from J.Crew. Watch from J.Crew.|
This year, I'm filling a suitcase with onesies, tiny overalls, baby spoons, and soft blankets - and a little bitty cashmere sweater. I still can't believe The Pup is really here, and that he's becoming his own little person so quickly. I am astounded every morning at hearing his tiny voice in the other room; sometimes I turn to The Doc in bed and whisper, "we made that. He's ours." We are so lucky. I am so lucky.
So, in no particular order, my list of Thanksgivings from the past twelve months of amazement...
- For the end of a rough pregnancy
- For an easy birth (and thanks, Pup, for settling your heart rate down on your own so I didn't have to get a c-section!)
- For January 24, February 27, May 24, and May 30
- For my first pair of UGG boots...which lead to my second pair of UGG boots
- For The Doc graduating from medical school, beginning residency, and surviving his first rotations of intern year
- For two sweet, grumpy, good, bad, wonderful doggies
- For new friends and old friends, for friends who stuck by me, and even for those friends who drifted away
- For other babies of Sam's generation, already born and yet to come - Oliver and Audrey and Anders and Stites and Mae and Addi
- For cashmere, which has never let me down on a gray day
- For good doctors, Zoloft, and - finally - the end of postpartum depression
- For new gadgets and old books
- For an amazing new job, where I get to spend my days with the brightest students in our university
- For the best nanny in the world, who lets me be both a mom and an academic
- For remembering how to read for fun
- For a first anniversary with The Doc, and for almost 9 years with him by my side
- For a couple of truly great new pairs of jeans
- For a beautiful house that feels like home. Even when the roof leaks.
- For family.
- For The Doc - hero, helper, friend, lover, dad
- For The Pup, who makes me smile each morning: "I see the best of me inside your eyes."